- I am available to teach a wide variety of classes and am willing to travel.
If you are interested in scheduling
- one of my existing classes or a class based on your group's needs, please feel free
to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
||Crazy Patch Goddess Doll
2 Day Class
- Crazy patch has been enjoying a resurgence in the past few years as is cloth doll
- project combines both. In this class, the student will start the project by choosing a
"focus" fabric and then develop a color scheme of complementary fabrics and
embellishments. Each doll will be unique in color and fabric and body shape. The
student will be provided with a predesigned foundation fabric, an assortment of fabrics to
choose from to complete the crazy patch and complementary fabric back. All fabrics
will be fancy fabrics, the majority of which will be silk, a preprinted doll face, a
butterfly appliqué for beading, and a choice of lace appliqués, ribbons, beads, feathers
and trims suitable for embellishing the doll though the student also will be encouraged to
bring a selection of their own. Kit fee $25
- This class is currently offered on-line at http://www.fabricaddictions.com but can also be
taught in a 2 day session
- Create one or a series of mermaids using a variety of techniques
including collage fabric combining angelina fibers, tulle, cotton batik and decorative
machine stitches, fabric manipulation, and beading. Each mermaid is uniquely embellished
and coifed. Much time will be dedicated to sculpting and coloring the face and
chosing fabrics and colorways to ensure your mermaid is enchanting. Student will be
provided with 6 pages of pattern pieces and complete instructions for the three mermaids
and also the shell throne.
- Mermaid Doll and Techniques Workshop
Learn all the techniques used to create this stunning mermaid from creating her body
fabric using stencils, stamps, paint, paint sticks, crayons, mica powders, and gold leaf
pen to using a heat tool to create her body and head embellishments. Also experiment
with hot glue and gold leaf for her fluke, The student will also manipulate various
fabrics by layering sheers over solids to create a new fabric for her fluke and tail.
- The student will work with any pattern of their choice for an 18-24" doll and will
need to bring the stuffed head to class.
2 day Workshop
- Whether a beginner or experienced doll maker, learn some new skills in creating faces
for your dolls. We will start with sketches on paper to perfect feature placement
and size and add color and shading to create depth. Next will be to create a flat
face on fabric using colored pencils, fine tip markers and gel pens. The next step
will be to add dimention by creating a profile face and sculpting features then finishing
by applying color. We will also cover correcting mistakes.
Students will be expected to provide their own face coloring kits. A list of
recommended products will be provided
2 day Workshop
- Ever want to give your dolls a unique expression but didn't know where to begin?
This class will show you some innovative ways to add expression and character to a
dimentional head. Explore creating different effects with applied eyelids, open
mouths, and other interesting facial manipulations.
||One Kiss Is Not Enough
Optional Kit $20
- Learn the techniques used on this prize-winning doll including her expressive face,
stylish shoes, and fanciful costume. She is fully armatured. Learn to pose her
with "body Language".
Prework: Prior to class, the student will be expected to have all the body
parts sewed but not turned except the head which should be brought stuffed to class.
All the clothes pieces should be cut out.
Day 1 we will be finishing the head and armature and starting the stuffing, sculpting
the bust, and painting the shoes. The second day we will be working on the clothes.
||Altered Wooden Cigar Boxes
- This class is currently being taught on line at Http://www.dollstreetdreamers.com and can
also be taught in a 1 day seminar
Take an ordinary wooden cigar box and make it extraordinary using fabrics, gel medium,
paints, trims, and embellishments.
- Lessons include:
Preparing the boxes
Creating a stunning finish using Gel Medium, paints, powders, fabrics and trim scraps
Adding finishing touches such as clasps and feet
||Beginning Silk Ribbon Embroidery
Kit fee $20 1 day workshop
- Students will create this stunning Silk ribbon bouquet suitable for framing or applying
to the front of a photo album. The bouquet contains 3 roses in different techniques,
french knot roses, japanese ribbon stitch flowers, french knot lilacs, and Lazy
||Silk Ribbon Landscape
Kit Fee $30
- Create this beautiful silk ribbon landscape and learn a variety of stitches to make a
beautiful garden of Hollyhocks, roses, daisys, irises, lavendar, fuschia and leaves.
Done on a preprinted silk background, the finished picture measures 4" x
6". Stitches used are detached posie, loop flower, french knot rose, french
knots, lazy daisy stitch, japanese ribbon stitch, spider web roses, pistol stitch, and
||Collage Purse Class
- Using a fat quarter, create a beautiful piece of collage fabric using scraps of metallic
fabrics, ribbons and fibers on a cotton base. Using the stitches built into your
machine, stitch the fabric together and use it to fashion a lined envelope type purse.
Each purse will be unique. Finishing techniques such as adding cording,
clasps and further embellishments will also be covered in class. At the end of the
day, the student can have a completed purse!
||Mixed Media Paperdoll Screen
Kit fee $15
Using muslin and various papers and fabrics, you will be creating this
fabulous tryptich to display. Embellished with paper dolls dressed as you please,
each student will be experiencing working with materials such as silk paper, glitter,
various mediums, mica powders, polymer clay and paints.
- The information and pictures presented in these pages are the sole possession of
Stephanie Novatski and cannot be
- linked to, copied or reproduced without written permission of the artist.
- Site created and maintained by Stephanie Novatski